Photo
- - - - -

Mailman subscriber export from web interface?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Clay

Clay

Small Orange

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:23 PM

I'm going into one of my mailing lists through the CPanel interface... What I want to do is to export a list of all of the members of the list. According to the mailman administrator documentation (http://list.org/site.html), this can be done through the command line, but I don't have command line access and even if I did, I don't know how to do that.

Does anybody know how I can export a list of all of the subscribers of one of my lists?

Thanks,
Clay
smile.gif

#2 NyteOwl

NyteOwl

36 Bits forever!

• Volunteer Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 04:16 PM

If you submit a ticket ASO will enable SSH access for you then you just type mailman/bin/list_members at the prompt after you log in.

cPanel often customizes mailman. so you might check their web site too.

Obsolescence is just a lack of imagination.

Sign up at ASO and enjoy friendly, quality hosting services. Use coupon code no2512 and save 15% or coupon code 2152on and take $5 off. Valid on both Shared Hosting and VPS plans.

#3 Heather Balczarek

Heather Balczarek

Tiny Orange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:04 AM

Hi, NyteOwl! Remember this post? :)

...just type mailman/bin/list_members at the prompt after you log in.

This is not working on my account (even a find from the root of the jailshell does not turn up list_members or any mailman/bin directories).

In the interest of keeping this forum useful (and helping me :P ) do you know if there's another way to export the list via the shell?

Thanks!

#4 NyteOwl

NyteOwl

36 Bits forever!

• Volunteer Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:25 PM

Sorry it didn't work. I haven't had occasion to use mailman through cPanel for a while so they may have changed things around; as I said cPanel often customizes the installs of software managed through their interface. The paths even change between versions so if that path isn't found you might have better luck either submitting a ticket or having a go on the cPanel forums.
Obsolescence is just a lack of imagination.

Sign up at ASO and enjoy friendly, quality hosting services. Use coupon code no2512 and save 15% or coupon code 2152on and take $5 off. Valid on both Shared Hosting and VPS plans.

#5 David Citron

David Citron

Moderately Sized Orange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:18 PM

The best we could come up with is using wget (available in your SSH account and also as a part of Cygwin) and parsing the output. Yeah, I know--it's hard-core :cool:

If you configure the members list so that all members show on one page (i.e. disable pagination by setting the members per page value very high), then you can use something like:

wget -O - --post-data 'adminpw=${your_admin_password}' http://${your_server}.asmallorange.com/mailman/admin/${your_mailing_list_name}/members | egrep "_realname" | sed 's/^.*value="\([^"]*\)".*value="\([^"]*\)".*$/\1,\2/' | sed 's/%40/@/' > mailing_list.csv

Be aware that this will send your admin password in clear text. As such, you may want to run this directly on the server (ssh access) or, alternately, look into wget/ssl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users