8 replies to this topic

#1 birv2

birv2

Small Orange

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:51 AM

I want to have my mail at my domain automatically forwarded to another address but leave a copy in horde on my domain. I've searched the net and the forums here and can't find how to do it. Maybe I'm just thick. It should be something pretty easy, right?

Thanks in advance,
Bob in PA

#2 jaseone

jaseone

Massive Orange

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:53 AM

You would do it in cPanel and not Horde.
Jason Bainbridge
An Aussie geek stuck in Texas
Road Show Blondes - Follow the Road Show as we drive from Houston to New York City to raise awareness and money for suicide prevention with The Jed Foundation.

#3 birv2

birv2

Small Orange

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE(jaseone @ Jan 28 2006, 11:53 AM) View Post

Do you do it via Email Domain Forwarding? I fiddled with that, but I wasn't sure that it did what I want it to do (leave a copy on my domain)?

Thanks.

#4 6th

6th

Fresh Squeezed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:18 PM

You need to do 2 things:

1) If you haven't already, create a mailbox in the CPanel.

2) Create an email forwarder for that address.

This way, when mail comes in for that email address, it will be forwarded per the forwarder and also delivered to the mailbox you created, which you can access through Horde.
<a href="http://caedmonmichael.net" target="_blank">^caedmon michael</a>

#5 birv2

birv2

Small Orange

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE(birv2 @ Jan 28 2006, 11:58 AM) View Post

QUOTE(jaseone @ Jan 28 2006, 11:53 AM) View Post

Do you do it via Email Domain Forwarding? I fiddled with that, but I wasn't sure that it did what I want it to do (leave a copy on my domain)?

Thanks.

Never mind, I got it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It's under Forwarders. D'oh!
Bob

#6 Galley

Galley

Tiny Orange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE(birv2 @ Jan 28 2006, 1:19 PM) View Post

Never mind, I got it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It's under Forwarders. D'oh!
Bob

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. smile.gif

#7 birv2

birv2

Small Orange

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE(Galley @ Jun 7 2006, 1:26 PM) View Post

QUOTE(birv2 @ Jan 28 2006, 1:19 PM) View Post

Bob

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. smile.gif

Glad my ignorance can be a help to someone!

Bob

#8 mrfisher_USA

mrfisher_USA

Tiny Orange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:56 PM

I know this post is old (2006) but it was helpful EXCEPT I did use the Cpanel and entered a forward. However, nothing seems to be forwarding to my gmail account. Does anyone know if gmail prevents forwarding from an alternate email? I really need my domain mail to forward to my gmail account which is the account I keep close tabs on.

Thanks,
MR in Texas

#9 IBBoard

IBBoard

Massive Orange

• Volunteer Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,946 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

Do you want a forwarder, or do you want to use GMail for your email? I know some people use Google Apps and so the ASO server never sees your email, instead you configure it to be pushed to Google.

Forwarding shouldn't be blocked outright, as it is a legitimate activity, but it is possible that it is getting dropped into spam or something. If you can, I'd check your email server logs and see what is happening (I can't remember if Shared hosting has access to those or not). If you can't, you could try redirecting to another account first (e.g. create a temp one on the same domain and see if that works) and then try submitting a ticket to the Techs.

TBH, I'd personally keep everything on the ASO server. You can still keep close tabs on it if you want, and Google won't be keeping close tabs on it ;)
The more information you provide, the better answer the community can give.

*** Sign up at ASO with a 15% discount (coupon: saveme15%) or $5 discount (coupon: saveme$5) ***
(Valid on shared hosting and VPS)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users