6 replies to this topic

#1 BeeHive

BeeHive

Tiny Orange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:56 AM

Have an open ticket in management, but have had no response since Thursday evening when we were told the situation was fixed. We have added more details to the ticket since then, including DNS error emails coming from the server with no response from ASO. What gives?

#2 NyteOwl

NyteOwl

36 Bits forever!

• Volunteer Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

Most unusual. Billing is closed on the weekends but support is usually quite prompt. Is this perhaps on one of the servers undergoing migration?
Obsolescence is just a lack of imagination.

Sign up at ASO and enjoy friendly, quality hosting services. Use coupon code no2512 and save 15% or coupon code 2152on and take $5 off. Valid on both Shared Hosting and VPS plans.

#3 BeeHive

BeeHive

Tiny Orange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:18 PM

Most unusual. Billing is closed on the weekends but support is usually quite prompt. Is this perhaps on one of the servers undergoing migration?

Nope!. Been with ASO for 8 years now, and to say I'm disappointed would be putting it mildly.

#4 IBBoard

IBBoard

Massive Orange

• Volunteer Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

"In management"? Has it been escalated to Management (i.e. not first-line support)? Because that can cause a delay in things. The other cause of no reply is generally that they never received the email (and you don't get an autoresponse), but it looks like you got an answer so they must have got the ticket initially.
The more information you provide, the better answer the community can give.

*** Sign up at ASO with a 15% discount (coupon: saveme15%) or $5 discount (coupon: saveme$5) ***
(Valid on shared hosting and VPS)

#5 BeeHive

BeeHive

Tiny Orange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

"In management"? Has it been escalated to Management (i.e. not first-line support)? Because that can cause a delay in things. The other cause of no reply is generally that they never received the email (and you don't get an autoresponse), but it looks like you got an answer so they must have got the ticket initially.

Yes, it was escalated to Management and we have been working with them. We have replied via email and directly to the help ticket at least 6 times since the last response on Thursday. All messages are listed on the ticket. I have another error message that came from the 'cloud' this afternoon, but there doesn't seem much point in adding it.

#6 BeeHive

BeeHive

Tiny Orange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:07 AM

Monday and still absolutely nothing from ASO. How can this be acceptable? It certainly isn't to me. :(

#7 -ASO- Jen

-ASO- Jen

Director of Customer Service

• Admin
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

It's definitely not acceptable, and I am mortified that it happened. :(

Since the helpdesk upgrade, we've been trying to utilize some of the additional features that it allows to better organize the helpdesk and make sure that people get faster responses and, unfortunately, one of the things we set up didn't work quite the way we planned it and it turned out to be a bit of a black home.

There have been a few issues with the upgrade that were not ideal but for the most part, they are almost all fixed - we do have a policy of responding at least once a day to tickets that are open even if we have no news, though, so if a full day passes I would open a second ticket with your first ticket number and ask the tech for a status update. If something happened to the ticket, a search for the ticket number will be able to pull it up and if there is a problem, we can always yank it out of the black hole that way.

We are, though, looking into why and how this happened to ensure it doesn't happen again, so that will hopefully never be needed - again, my sincere apologies. We pride ourselves on fast responses and I wholeheartedly agree that days and days without a response isn't acceptable.
Jen Lepp
Director of Customer Service
A Small Orange LLC
http://www.asmallorange.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users