Photo
- - - - -

dnsExit - reviews, comments or experiences?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 IBBoard

IBBoard

Massive Orange

• Volunteer Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,939 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:06 PM

I'm looking to run a VPS server soon, but without hosting the DNS (I'm planning to use a Developer, so it's potentially unnecessary memory usage). I could use my registrars' DNS (NameCheap and 123-reg) except that 123-reg charge 10 per domain name on a <3 domain registration! Instead I'm looking for some alternatives.

I found a couple of free ones (like EveryDNS) but they don't offer TXT records for SPF. Now I've found dnsExit.com, who seem to do free DNS with TXT records.

Does anyone have any experience with them? And does anyone know of any alternatives?

Thanks.
The more information you provide, the better answer the community can give.

*** Sign up at ASO with a 15% discount (coupon: saveme15%) or $5 discount (coupon: saveme$5) ***
(Valid on shared hosting and VPS)

#2 NyteOwl

NyteOwl

36 Bits forever!

• Volunteer Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:09 PM

ZoneEdit used to be reliable. I used them as a backup DNS service for a bit. Not sure if they support SPF or not.

Obsolescence is just a lack of imagination.

Sign up at ASO and enjoy friendly, quality hosting services. Use coupon code no2512 and save 15% or coupon code 2152on and take $5 off. Valid on both Shared Hosting and VPS plans.

#3 IBBoard

IBBoard

Massive Orange

• Volunteer Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,939 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:03 AM

Apparently they do (SPF support list) so I'll take a look at them as well. The only potential problem is that I might be running more than five domains (I think it's about six or seven at last count, some used far more than others) so it'll cost me based on the arbitrary "number of domains" metric.

*** Sign up at ASO with a 15% discount (coupon: saveme15%) or $5 discount (coupon: saveme$5) ***

#4 billzo

billzo

Very Large Orange

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (NyteOwl @ Oct 30 2008, 9:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ZoneEdit used to be reliable. I used them as a backup DNS service for a bit. Not sure if they support SPF or not.

I used to use ZoneEdit for DNS backup, too. I had no complaints.
Posted Image
Click here to sign up with A Small Orange today!

ASO servers are fast and they offer excellent support for a great price. ASO is the BEST host around!

I have been with ASO since June 2007 and recommend this host highly. ASO has only gotten better over time. There is no better testimonial about the quality of service of a webhost than a long-term customer like me. Don't make a frustrating and time-consuming mistake of signing up with any other webhost. ASO is what you need.

Whether you are hosting a small hobby site like a Wordpress blog, a serious business website, or need a Dedicated Server, VPS or Cloud hosting, ASO has superior quality professional-level hosting packages for you.

View A Small Orange Hosting Plans

$$$ Coupon codes to save you money $$$

Code to save $5: saveme$5
Code to save 15%: saveme15%

Enter the coupon codes when ordering to get your discount. Save $5 or 15% off your initial order.

Posted Image

#5 IBBoard

IBBoard

Massive Orange

• Volunteer Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,939 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:55 AM

I'll have to take a closer look at my domains and see how many of the .uks I need detailed control over and how many I can just revert back to registrar DNS because they're basically micro-sites with no control needed. I might be lucky an only need about four with detailed control that I can put on ZoneEdit. All of my .coms seem like NameCheap should give me sufficient control.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users